Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Need for Support

Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

From the days of the early church until now, there has always been a need for fellowship. Why? I believe that fellowship is a necessary component of Christian living. Lack of fellowship cuts you off from the rest of the "fellows in the ship". The truth is, we need fellowship, and without it we become sort of like spiritual hermits or stowaways, struggling privately by choice. I personally enjoy talking and communicating with other pastors. It is a form of support that we all need. We cannot forget that we are not in this thing alone.
I believe that the early church was strong due to the fact that they continued steadfastly in fellowship. If they realized the need for fellowship back then, how much more should we realize it now. I believe that it is time for steadfast fellowship and frequent communication between pastors. I would love to see a networking of pastors in this area.
If you have any thoughts on this subject, please respond to the blog. I'll be waiting for your response.

No comments: