Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Change Is Necessary

Someone recounted a scientific fact today that I had forgotten. It is the 2nd law of thermodynamics stated in layman's terms. It is this: change is constant. I am reminded of the four seasons when I think about change and the following scripture in Genesis 8:22... While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Change is constant. Day turns to night, night turns to day, cold turns to heat, heat turns to cold, seedtime leads to harvest, harvest leads to another seedtime, winter turns to summer, summer turns to winter. And so goes our lives; we are constantly changing. I do not look quite like I did 30 years ago because I have aged. In another 30 years, if I am still alive, I will look much different than I do now. Change is constant, but change is also necessary. And so goes our spiritual lives. We must submit to constant growth and change. If we are not growing, we are not changing. If we are not changing, we are not growing. This is a hard concept for many people to grasp. Change is often viewed as threatening. If it is a justifiable change it is safe and beneficial. If a flower remains a bloom, it will never reveal its true beauty. Therefore, it is justified in its change. If a seed never dies to itself it never becomes anything else. Therefore, it also is justified in its change. Jesus said in John 12:24...Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. Change is necessary to bring forth fruit. We must understand that principle and submit to the laws of change. If we allow change to be a constant on our life, we are sure to be a fruitful Christian.

No comments: