Friday, August 8, 2008

Inspired After All

Check out what Job had to say after he had lost everything.
Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! For I know [that] my redeemer liveth, and [that] he shall stand at the latter [day] upon the earth: And [though] after my skin [worms] destroy this [body], yet in my flesh shall I see God: Job 19:23-26
I would conclude that Job had things in the right prospective. Think about it. He had lost his sheep, oxen camels, servants, all 10 children, his health (stricken with boils form head to toe), and his wife had advised him to curse God and die. Then three guys come along to comfort him, of which Job says in Job 16:2b...miserable comforters [are] ye all. Job was in bad shape but after everything had befallen him, he was still upbeat about his knowledge and relationship with God. The word says, in Job 1:22 after the death of his children and the loss of his livestock, In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly. I would say that he was inspired after all! I feel that we should strive to stay inspired. If God was good to us yesterday , he'll be good to us today. You don't have to second guess the goodness of God. If He was worth praising yesterday, he is still worth praising today. No matter what happens, the important thing to remember is "I know that my redeemer liveth!!!".

No comments: